The Information Regulator published the "Regulations relating to the Protection of Personal Information" in the Government Gazette on 14th December 2018 42110, RG 10897, GoN 1383.
In terms of Section 114 (1) of the Act, "All processing of personal information must within one year after the commencement of this section be made to conform to this Act". In the absence of any further statements or notifications from the Regulator, we must assume that this means we will need to comply by the end of 2019.
We have attached a copy of the Regulations, which can also be downloaded from POPIA Regulations or from:
An easy-to-use and cost effective hand-held license scanning solution to collect visitor information. Replace your traditional hand written visitors register and ensure that your organisation complies with the POPI Act in terms of the collection, storing and verification of personal information.
- Vehicle license reference check
- Take snapshot with the scanner
- Security provider can access realtime intelligence
- Maintain personal Watch-List
- Receive sighting alerts
- Secure storage if information
- Easy online reporting
We make use of the fastest dedicated license scanners on the market. There is no time delay having to wait for camera focus.
IP65 HANDHELD SMART SCANNER
- Easy to use for basic-skilled operators
- Left or right handed scanning
- Dedicated scanner for reading licenses
- 5" Wet touch screen | Direct sunlight readable
- 8MP Camera for snapshots
- Drop-resistant up to 1.5m
- Android OS | Locked-down to eliminate abuse
- Connects to 3G/LTE networks or to a base station within range
- Flexible access control workflow
- Destination and entry classification information selected by touch from a pre-defined list
- Well suited to sites with a large number of destinations
- Can easily be used either in vehicles or for fixed location implementations